It may seem a little early in the month to be talking about failing New Year’s resolutions, but in my experience- prevention is better than cure!
Here are some tips on how to keep to your resolutions- follow these and make 2014 a successful year!
1. Make the resolutions REALISTIC! Don’t aim to run a Marathon in Spring if you haven’t started jogging yet… make the resolutions achievable to avoid dissapointment. Put together a plan and stick to it.
2. FUN should be the key to your resolutions…don’t go for boring goals- the more exciting the better! Aim for something that will inspire you and keep you excited for the rest of the year. It doesn’t always have to be diet or booze related!
3. Try something NEW! Try a new sport, a new class or learn a new skill. Don’t be afraid to do what you’ve been putting off for ages! Why not try our Brighton Kettlebell classes for FREE? Click here for more info: TRY FOR FREE.
4. WRITE down your resolutions and put this in a prominent place for you to see. If its diet related keep it in the kitchen, if its fitness related put it somewhere near your sports kit. And NO…this doesn’t include the Wii-Fit!
5. Tell OTHERS about your intentions. The more people you tell the more support you’ll have and the more likely you are to stick to your goals.
6. TEAM UP with others with similar goals or aspirations. Join a team or a group class which will keep you motivated and inspired when things are getting hard. The New Year New You Guranteed Results programme starts on the 11th January and is a great way to kick- start your 2014!
See: New Year- New You.
Don’t give up as soon as you slip up. Remind yourself why you’ve set a goal and give it another go! You will probably be more motivated not to fail again the second time round!
Follow these steps and you’re sure to succeed! Good luck and make 2014 your best year yet!